Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yoga

It invigorates me. It makes me feel like new. Though I hate it while I do it, I can't stop. What is it? Yoga. Though considered as a worship practice in Buddhist countries to find an inner zen, I have learned to appreciate it for what it is: a good stretch and workout. Every Monday and Wednesday at the school gym. there's yoga class. I usually go and come out feeling alive and strengthened. My mom hates the practice and considers it as opening oneself up to whatever, but I find it allows me to worship my maker. Whenever we meditate or I find myself in pain, I pray. I go over scripture in my mind and then I feel better. I repeat Philippians 4:13 all the time, knowing Christ will give me the strength to make it through the difficult pose. The results? I've become more flexible and have better balance since taking the class. I don't sweat as much as I did the first few weeks and I can maintain my focus better. 
I figured I'd write this blog as I sit here watching Gilmore Girls while the kids are asleep. Yes, I'm babysitting again, but this is the last time I will before school gets out (which makes me sad). Anywho so some yoga thing is coming on at 9 and I'm eagerly waiting to get that good stretch. Even though it isn't a 75 minute workout, I know I'll get a good stretch every second of those 30 minutes. And someday, I will be become a yoga master :)

No comments:

Post a Comment