Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lotion

I was putting on my moisturizer this morning when I had a flashback. When I was little, my mom would teach me how to do simple things like laundry (I wanted to learn so bad that by the age of 10 I was doing my own), fixing hair and applying lotion. My mom loves whenever I'll put lotion on her legs. Strange, yes, but every night whenever my dad gets home and the kitchen is cleaned from dinner, my parents sit on the couch and my dad rubs my mom's feet. I think it's so romantic and a huge form of love. My dad has a long and stressful job, but he cannot wait to do a simple thing for my mom.
I remember the first time my mom showed me how to put lotion on. Her back was dry and she needed some but couldn't reach. I don't even remember how old I was, but I was probably between kindergarten and third grade. She put a drop on my leg and hers and told me to rub it until it becomes invisible. I thought it was so cool.
So this morning as I was putting moisturizer on (which will be followed by foundation and the rest of the makeup ritual), I remembered that moment in my life. And I thought I'd share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment