Monday, August 31, 2009

Boo Thyroids

If you know me and have been around me long enough, you probably know I get cold very easily. For instance, we keep our thermostat on 78 and even though I have the fan constantly going, I'm freezing in my room. So I went to the endocrinologist today for my checkup on my hypothyroidism and now we believe I have anemia. Why I'm telling the blogging world this, I have no idea...but I figured I'd just spill since I have the worst internal organs...no lie. Lately I have been drinking gobs and gobs of water, I'm always thirsty and wanting to eat. So I went to Web MD's site and I have either anemia or diabetes. Do I want either? No way. But this is the positive that I'll see through either...diabetes: better healthy lifestyle, potentially curable (if I'm type 2 and can lose the weight down), and I can go out and buy all of Nick Jonas' Bayer stuff. And here's the uplifting stuff for anemia: I get to eat more green beans (MY FAVORITE FOOD), I get to boost my iron levels, and my blood pressure will remain the same since I generally run low. I try not to focus on the negative things like shots and pricking and the testing, but I also know that whatever it is that I have and for whatever reason I've experienced these symptoms, something good will come out of it. I know that I've both lost and gained weight this summer and I know that I'll never be a size 2, but my goal this school year is just to be healthy and improve my thyroid levels and whatever else I may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment