Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oh I've Been Blessed

I'm babysitting right now, but everyone's asleep, so I'm going to blog. Oh and I'm watching a Cubs game...oh yeah. So anyways I leave Monday to go to Glorieta and I'm super pumped. The mountains and scenery is just beautiful and it's a great spiritual awakening...and some of my closest friends are going. I discovered last night that no matter what I do, my parents will always love me. My mom and I got in a huge fight and I was very emotional- and most of the fight was just me being a teenager (thank GOD that's almost over!) and from my lack of sleep. Had I had received a lot of sleep this past week, I think we would not have gotten in an argument and frankly I can't even remember what the main thing was that started the domino effect. All I know is my mom came in my room and checked on me and tried to talk to me twice and constantly told me she loved me no matter what. I eventually got done with my mad phase and we watched a movie together. I woke up this morning with puffy eyes as a reminder that crying at night is a horrible thing.
Back to babysitting now....these people have got quite possibly the coolest washer and dryer set I've ever seen...no lie. So I was here once and the kids' mom was about to leave and I hear this singing noise. I was like, "OMG! What is that?" and the mom quickly told me how the dryer sings when it's done- so does the washer AND you can pick the tunes...how awesome? Plus you can even see the clothes get washed thanks to the clear front of the washer. I'm completely sold on this.
The only thing I'm a little irked at is Tech's housing. I got a private room because I had been told constantly about roommates and blah blah blah. Well I got a private room for next year and heard I might get a roommate from some friends. I called housing, gave them my dorm and they said they haven't even heard that rumor and I was guaranteed my room strictly to me. This was July 30, so I shouldn't get any alarming news now, right? WRONG. I get this perky little letter today praising me for going to this school and blah blah blah when it tells me in the final paragraph I AM GETTING A ROOMMATE. Sarah=angry. Sarah's mom=furious. So my mom has this huge plan of calling housing Monday morning at 8 am when they open to get a full explanation here. Complete as to why I get told this and then today get a letter dated July 27, claiming I am not alone in my room. Go mom. Another reason why I'm thankful for mom who goes off on a tangent to my dad about it and as scared as he is of her at this moment nods and says, "Yes, yes, yes, yes," like constantly because he has learned to agree. Smart man.
Well anywho I have got to get back to this Cubs game...woot woot
And they're winning :)
Against the Marlins
6-5
Hasta La Vista

No comments:

Post a Comment