Friday, August 27, 2010

A New Me

After turning 21 on Tuesday, I decided to make some major changes in my life. While some are rather small, it's time for a grown-up Sarah. This does NOT mean I gave up the Jonas Brothers. Considering two are older than I am, it's still healthy.
Here's the list:
1. My hair has not gotten the treatment it deserves from me. While most people can use $3 shampoos and conditioners, there's two stores out there called Marshalls and TJ Maxx that sell salon products for less. I bought Just Brunette (a UK salon line) shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is already smoother than my Pantene Pro V. Guess how much I paid for 1 liter each? Eight buckos. That's right. I went back today and bought Broaer shampoo/conditioner liters that were $15 for the set. Did I mention I got a Rusk calming cream that rinses out for $3? Here's to Sarah's new pretty locks.
2. I'm going to start using anti-aging cream. I know I'm 21 and look a few years older than I am, after being mistaken for 30 a few times this summer, and for being a parent yesterday, it's time for the cream. I found this $6 cream at Marshalls (originally $18) that will soon give me firmer skin. 
3, My skin needs better treatment and has gotten more oily over the years. I found a Kiehl's mask at EarthSavers for $6 (clearance) and Robanda facial cleansing lotion at, you guessed it, Marshalls. 
3. I have always thought pedicures look really professional. About every six weeks in the summer, I treat myself to one. It keeps my feet looking fresh, and it's relaxing. I usually go to the cheap salons, but to maintain my pedicure, I'm starting to keep lotion on my feet at night. Did you know it's illegal for them to razor your feet? They don't clean them (usually- they always do at the one I go to), and they make your feet callus up more. My heels have the tendency to crack and bleed, so this is a major necessity.
4. I'm turning into a tightwad. I know I just said I was getting pedicures, but that's $25 every 6 weeks (if that often), AND I'm cutting back on when I go out to eat. Last year I noticed a major change in my weight when I bought and cooked my meals rather than processed foods. Michelina's $1 dinners are cheap, but if you can make meals for about $20/week, you'll feel better. Who knows what they put in that stuff. 
5. I'm going to push myself to study more. Last year I really slacked off, and this year I have got to be on my game. No more dinners and friend times if I have a test the next day.
6. I have got to stay more organized. In June, I chunked half of my summer wardrobe. I refuse to really buy anything else until I drop more weight- I've lost 11, so I have about 54 to go. 
7. Once school starts back up, I'm going to do physical activity- Zumba, spin, elliptical, whatever- for almost an hour/day. Statistics say students who do that have a GPA .4 higher than those who don't. Maybe I'll look younger, too. 
8. I'm going to try to have all my clothes basically hanging off of me so I can get a new wardrobe. This new wardrobe will have finer pieces of clothing as well as about half of what I own now. 
9. I bought a devotional book, and though it's weekly, I really try to keep up with it and focus on the main point of the story daily. I also stopped reading most worldly novels. They just aren't good for my spiritual walk. 
10. I'm going to purge most of my old shampoos from hotels. How? Bubble baths. Hotel shampoos give the BEST bubble baths. Just saying.

That's a wrap of most of my spiel, but I feel like I got a lot off my chest of what needs to get done! I have to nanny super late tonight, but I'm sure I'll be blogging tomorrow.
Before I forget:
11. I have got to get at least 8 hours of sleep/night. If I fall below it, I'll make it up the next day. I'm a much happier person when I wake up refreshed by sleep and Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment