Thursday, April 26, 2012

My First Recipe

After months and months of attempting (and succeeding) at recipes on Pinterest, I finally have time to post one recipe! This is my absolute FAVORITE to cook, and I frequently make it (as in once a week). The original recipe is called Bucco Di Beppo's Spicy Chicken Rigatoni, however I have made this version to serve just one person. This edition of the recipe does not put the peas in the mix, nor do I add red pepper flakes. I'm from South Louisiana, hence my use of Tony Chachere's. This is what the final product looks like, and you get all of that flavor for just 11 Weight Watchers Points Plus.


Bucco Di Beppo's Spicy Chicken Rigatoni 

(as skinnified by Sarah):


Ingredients:
-1 c. cooked rigatoni
-1 chicken breast
-1 tsp. vegetable oil
-Some shakes of Tony Chachere's
-1 dash of Kraft Italian Cheese Blend (parmesan, provolone and mozzarella) 
-1/4 c. alfredo sauce
-1/4 c. tomato sauce
-1 tsp. minced garlic
-1 tsp. butter (I use Blue Bonnet Light)

Instructions:
1. Cut up the chicken breast and add some Tony's to it. 
2. In a skillet, add the oil and garlic, then place the chicken in and cook until the meat is fully done. 
3. In a sauce pan, pour the tomato sauce in first, then the alfredo and stir until it becomes thick. Add in the butter and stir until it completely melts. 
4. Put the cooked rigatoni in a bowl, and pour most of the sauce over it. Add the chicken, and using a spatula, pour the remaining sauce over it. Top with the cheese, and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment